Bonding vs Veneers in Santa Monica, CA
Ready to whiten, repair, and refine your smile?
Direct composite veneers are the answer!
What are composite veneers?
Composite veneer treatment allows our dental team to repair damaged teeth, and improve the appearance of stained or misaligned smiles using composite resin. You may hear this treatment alternatively called dental bonding, chairside veneers, and direct composite bonding.
What can dental bonding do?
Composite veneers are exceptionally versatile! Use dental bonding to:
- Cover dark or stained enamel with white and fresh resin
- Repair cracks in the dental enamel
- Rebuild chipped away portions of your teeth
- Close gaps between your teeth
- Make misaligned teeth appear straight and seamless
Direct Composite Veneers vs. Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are crafted from, you guessed it, thin layers of porcelain. Direct composite veneers, on the other hand, are made of custom-shaded
dental resin, which is then cured so that it bonds to the tooth.
Compared to porcelain restorations, direct composite veneers are:
- Fast: Composite veneers are completed in just one day; porcelain restorations take multiple appointments to complete
- Conservative and reversible: Dental bonding is non-invasive, and does not require our team to irreversibly
alter your real teeth; In order to place porcelain veneers, on the other hand, your dentist will need to shave away your natural tooth
- Affordable: Composite veneers are significantly more affordable than porcelain veneers
- Simple to repair: Our dental team can easily restore composite veneers if necessary; porcelain veneers cannot be repaired,
and must be replaced if damaged
Why do so many people choose Santa Monica dentist Dr. Follette for direct composite veneers:
Dr. Follete has decades of experience transforming smiles using direct composite veneers; she has practically seen it all! Take a look at our dental bonding before and after pictures to see the many ways we have helped patients over the years.
Our dental team is here to make the dental bonding process simple and stress-free for you. Because this treatment is non-invasive and takes just one appointment to complete, you’ll find that the application process is surprisingly comfortable.
With proper care, dental bonding will last for years before it needs to be refurbished. If your bonding does become damaged due to trauma or accident, our team can quickly and easily repair it, so that you can jump back into your normal routine.